LHB has an opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join our Building Design Team in either our Duluth or Minneapolis, MN offices!
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
• Lighting, facility system power, and HVAC power design
• Knowledge and understanding of project specifications utilizing CSI Master Format
• Performing field verifications
• Photometric, Short Circuit, and Available Fault Current calculations
• Construction administration
• Interacting with clients, public, and agencies as required
• Preparing written reports and project documents
• Ensuring LHB QA/QC processes are followed
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program
• 4+ years’ experience in the building industry
• Licensed engineer in the state of Minnesota OR capable of licensure in Minnesota and Wisconsin
• Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Construction observation experience
• Knowledge of Specifications
• Knowledge of Electrical codes, concepts and Design
• Knowledge of low voltage systems
Closing Date: October 31, 2017
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm known for our design leadership and loyalty to clients. LHB goes beyond good intentions and focuses on measurable performance. We specialize in: public works, pipeline, industrial, housing, healthcare, government, education, and commercial design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
LHB has civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. LHB provides community planning, and designs systems, performance programs, sites, utilities, and buildings. We create performance-based design; utilizing high performance guidelines including ENERGYSTAR and LEED, and measuring success with Performance Metrics™.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Veterans/ Disabled