LHB offers a full spectrum of sustainable design, engineering, and consulting services. Our passionate team of architects, engineers, and building specialists lead in the research, design, and evaluation of high performance environments. Our holistic approach connects process, product, and performance creating a feedback loop on which we continuously build experience and knowledge. LHB’s Performance Services Group conducts research projects that assist our clients in identifying and meeting their sustainability goals while expanding the knowledge base on resource use in our built environment.
Our team has an exciting opening for an individual with a strong interest in tracking and communicating performance data as well as making and testing hypotheses. This internship, located in our Minneapolis North Loop office, offers an opportunity to use your excellent research, quantitative analysis, problem solving, and communication skills to support interesting projects with a diverse group of clients. The position offers part-time hours (8-10/week) during the school year with the possibility of full-time hours (40/week) over academic breaks.
Work with LHB’s Performance Services Group on high-performance design related research projects. Tasks may include:
• Conducting research on building design-related topics
• Literature reviews
• Data collection
• Quantitative analysis
• Visual communications of data and results
• Pursing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an applicable field (architecture, interior design, data science, environmental studies, or related field)
• Demonstrated research experience
• Previous coursework and/or internship focused on sustainability
• Strong writing skills
• Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
• Ability to effectively communicate concepts through visual representation
• Passion for sustainability, resiliency, wellness
• Creative problem solving skills
• Curiosity for learning and innovation
• Ability to collaborate with a team
• Self-motivated individual who goes above and beyond to add value to projects
*Please note- applicants will not be considered if all required submittals are not uploaded with application.
• Cover Letter
Position Closing Date: September 26, 2017
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm known for our design leadership and loyalty to clients. LHB goes beyond good intentions and focuses on measurable performance. We specialize in: public works, pipeline, industrial, housing, healthcare, government, education, and commercial design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
LHB has civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. LHB provides community planning, and designs systems, performance programs, sites, utilities, and buildings. We create performance-based design; utilizing high performance guidelines including ENERGYSTAR and LEED, and measuring success with Performance Metrics™.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Veterans/ Disabled